university of Pretoria vacancies Residence Facilities coordinators needed urgently.
university of Pretoria vacancies Residence Facilities 2018
University of Pretoria (UP) hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
DEPARTMENT OF RESIDENCE AFFAIRS AND ACCOMMODATION
CO-ORDINATOR: RESIDENCE FACILITIES (TWO POSTS)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
university of Pretoria vacancies Residence Facilities for coordinators.
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The successful candidate will be expected to supervise, control and administer the residence facilities and assets entrusted unto him/her. Specific tasks will include:
- Supervising services performed by cleaning services contractors according to UP-standards and in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety;
- Building management including initiating and processing maintenance requests;
- Asset management including conducting quarterly stock control and updating the residence asset register;
- Administration including the daily updating of the student residence accommodation register and ordering routine consumable items. This includes student and guest placements, job cards, and ensuring that the arrivals of students in a residence are carried out efficiently;
- Performing routine assignments including conducting daily checks of lifts and roof doors, ensuring the performance of daily maintenance tasks, and updating daily request records according to UP-standards and in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety;
- Guest management and ensuring that residence facilities offer a positive experience to students and guests;
- Client service and ensuring a professional relationship with clients, parents and contractors, as well as reporting theft or unauthorised and/or forced access to Security Services.
- Grade 12;
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and web-applications;
- Valid code EB driver’s license;
- Three years’ experience in a client service environment and handling enquiries;
- Two years’ experience in supervising a building as a whole;
- Two years’ knowledge and experience of health and safety in an accommodation environment;
- Three years’ experience in administrative processes, procedures and workflow.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good communication and language skills;
- Excellent client service skills and ethic;
- Ability to manage real-time service levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to work after hours.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Certificate in Hospitality Management;
- Certificate in Basic Occupational Health and Safety;
- Experience in a hospitality environment;
- Previous experience at a tertiary institution.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 335 705 to R 402 652 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 31 July 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Vallery Gamede, Tel: (012) 420 2745
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing Date: 31 July 2018
visit our home page for more vacancies