The Department of Arts and Culture in partnership with National Youth Development Agency are looking to recruit young people to enter a one year National Youth Service Programme called The Young Patriots Programme.
The programme seeks to engage young people in the service delivery to communities and as a way of building a culture of patriotism and nation building and also to seeks to make young people active participants in community development and nation building by involving them in areas of arts, culture and heritage.
The successful applicant will be required to fulfill the following functions:
- Implement arts and cultural activities in both community and schools
- Mobilize schools and youth to be part of TYPP activities in their community
- Implement, coordinate and support TYPP events in the community
- Maintain relationships with local community organisations and other community youth groups in the community
- Administer monitoring for TYPP implementation in school and at the community
- Promote South African National Symbols.
- Commit to personal development and growth
Suitable candidates will need to satisfy all the following requirements:
- Grade 10 Out of school youth
- Must be between the age of 18 and 35 years
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- English and local language proficiency
- Arts and culture background
- Willing to work in Arts & Culture sector
- Strong community background
- Self-initiator, proactiveness, with attention to detail
- Display ability to role model to peers.
- RSA youth only
NB: Youth with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Monthly stipend, Training and uniform will be provided
Please forward a summarised copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the TYPP Provincial Coordinator at the (Louis.Baloyi@gauteng.gov.za)
Closing Date: 26 April 2019