Closing Date: 09 May 2019 before 12: 00
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTION: FINANCIAL INTERNS-FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INTERN x5
Stipend: R 100 000. 00 p. a. (No additional benefits or allowances will be payable)
Contract Period: 3 year fixed term contract
Responsibilities: Assistance with adherence to GRAP principles and budget procedures; Assist in the development of statistical reporting modules; Assist in developing financial policies and procedures; Assist in the compilation of budgets, financial statements and management reports; Assist with reconciliations and financial analyses; Electronic capturing of financial data; Other financial functions, including Asset management and insurance. Assist with Revenue and Income Management. Assist with Expenditure and Supply Chain Management. Any Finance-related administration. Rotation with in the different departments over the period of internship.
Requirements: B Com degree, National Diploma or equivalent, preferably majoring in Accounting; Sound knowledge of General Recognized Accounting Practice (GRAP); Good verbal and written communication skills; Be computer literate and have knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel applications.
Preference will be given to unemployed graduates or equivalent applicants within the BVM region.
How To Apply
To apply in assured confidence, please send your Application form, CV, certified copies of qualifications and covering letter(including details of at least 3 contactable referees and the relevant reference number) to The Human Resources Manager, Breede Valley Municipality, Private Bag x3046, Worcester, 6850, or email to jobs@bvm. gov. za.
The Municipality is an Equal opportunity employer and as such will observe the requirements of the employment equity act and its EE plan. Females and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For enquiries contact the Human Resource Office -Liezel Alberts at 023348 4961.
Please note that:
- No late applications will be considered
- No faxes will be accepted
- If you have not heard from us within 60 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful
- Candidates wishing to have their CV’s returned should provide a self-addressed envelope with the required postage stamps
- Canvassing with Councillors or any other decision-maker is not permitted and proof thereof will result in disqualification
- Fraudulent qualifications or documentation, will immediately disqualify any applicant.
The Municipality reserves its right not to make an appointment