Closing Date: 31 May 2019
EThekwini Municipality is offering Work Experience, WIL and Internship opportunities for the 2019 / 2020 financial year in various fields. Applications are invited from candidates who have completedor persuinga qualificationon a National Certificate; 3 year National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree ; B.Tech / Postgraduate diploma / Honours degree / Masters degree in the following study fields:
|Finance and Economics Grad / InternAccounting ,Financial Management, Economics, Insurance|
|Administration Grad / InternOffice Management and Technology, Public Administration, Public Management|
|Agriculture, Natural Sciences, Environmental Studies Grad / InternEnvironmental Science, Horticulture, Nature Conservation, Agriculture, Environmental Management, Waste Management, Agriculture, Natural Science, Ecological Sciences, Geographical Information Science, Archaeology, Geography / Arc GIS competency|
|Life Science Grad / InternMicrobiology, Analytical Chemistry, Biotech / Biomedical Technology|
|Engineeringand Built Environment Grad / InternElectrical Engineering,Auto Electrician,Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Process Instrumentation , Building , Quantity Surveying, Town Planning|
|Managements Sciences Grad / InternHuman Resources, Operations Management,Events / Hospitality / Catering / Culinary,Food & Beverage,Information Technology, Marketing & Digital Marketing , Public Relations, Logistics management, Supply Chain Management, Tourism , Industrial Psychology, Quality Management, Sport Management, Leisure Science, Operations Management|
|Health Sciences Grad / InternEnvironmental Health, Enrolled nurse|
|Law Grad / InternDegree : LLB, Forensic auditing / Investigations, Internal Auditing|
|Art and Design Grad / InternGraphic Design, Video Technology, Photography, Language practice, Dramatic Arts, Film and TV Production, Architectural|
|Humanities Grad / InternSocial Work, Social Science, Archeology, Community development, Development studies, Political Science. International Relations, Psychology, Public policy, Training and Development|
|Risk Management Grad / InternProject Risk Management, Risk Management, Project Management, Safety Management|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
The work experience learners will receive a monthly stipend between R1937.94 – R5, 892.42 depending on the level of the qualification.
- People who have already participated / benefited on a similar programme in government or private sector for a period of 12 months and above will not be considered.
- Applicants must be in possession of a recognised qualification(s);
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- Applications must be submitted through on-line application system found at- www.durban.gov.za and click on e-Careers or manual hand delivered applications at the address provided. Applicants are advised that fax, e-mail, and late applications will not be accepted;
- Due to a large amount of applications we envisage receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful;
- Employment Equity principles will be applicable in the recruitment process, to redress the imbalances in work experience placement experienced by designated groups, to ensure their equitable representation in all categories. People with disabilities who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply;
- People who have previously applied need to reapply.