department of water and sanitation is looking for supply chain clerk. jobs post reference NO: 130919/06.
salary: R173 703 per annum (Level 05)
location: Upington , Branch: Chief operations officer northern cape Div: SCM (Main Account)
supply chain clerk requirements
- A Senior Certificate with Accounting as a passed subject.
- Computer literate and have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of administrative functions, practices as well as the ability to capture data.
- Operate a computer and collate administrative statistics. Knowledge and understanding of the PFMA, PPPFA, Treasury Regulations and Supply Chain Management procedures.
- Knowledge of the SAP system. Knowledge of GRAP. Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Knowledge of procurement administrative procedures in terms of the working environment.
- Interpersonal relations, flexibility and team work skills. Basic knowledge of problem solving. Client orientation and customer focus skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. A valid driver’s license (certified copy must be attached)
supply chain clerk responsibilities
Compile and maintain records e.g. asset records/database. Check and issue furniture, equipment and accessories to components and individuals. Identify redundant, non-serviceable and obsolete equipment for disposal. Verify asset register. Capture specification on the electronic purchasing system. Request and receive quotations. Place orders. Issue and receive bid documents. Provide secretariat or logistical support during the bid consideration and contracts conclusion processes. Compile draft documents as required. Receive requests for goods and services from end users. Place orders for goods and services. Receive and verify goods from suppliers. Capture goods and services receipt vouchers. Issue goods to end users.
Enquiries: Mr S J Malan Tel No: (053) 830 8800
how to apply
Upington: Please forward your application, quoting the post reference number, to: The Provincial Head, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X6101, Kimberley, 8801 or hand-deliver to 28 Central Road, Beaconsfield, Kimberley, 8301.
closing date: 13 September 2019
Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late or faxed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
source(fully advert for governement jobs):http://www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/documents/vacancies/2019/31/p.pdf
career development articles that you might find useful.