GOVERNMENT PRINTING WORKS The Government Printing Works is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer it is intended to promote representative through the filling of these posts the candidature of persons whose appointment/transfer/promotion will promote representative will receive preference.
|salary||R122 595 per annum (Level 03)|
|REFERENCE NO.||GPW 19/46|
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Grade ‘C’ PSIRA accredited certificate, Firearm proficiency/competency certificate in the handling of firearms
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a security environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Be able to work rotational shifts system and to patrol around GPW premises, National Key Point certificate will be an added advantage Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of basic security services policies, procedures and practices as well as applicable legislation including, but not limited to, the National Key Points (NKP) Act and regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, 1993 (Act 85/1993), Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicles Act, 1985 (Act 53/1985), Criminal Procedures Act, 1977 (Act 51/1977), Private Security Regulatory Authority Act, 2001 (Act 56/2001) and Firearms Control Act, 2000 (Act 60/2000).
Perform effective access control and searching for all visitors and contractors in line with GPW security policies and procedures, Complete and update relevant security registers accurately, Operating and manning of x-ray machines and walk through metal detectors, Administer and handling of firearms for safekeeping and in compliance with relevant legislation and procedures, Ensure all equipment (laptops, computers, etc.) coming in and out of the building are declared and registered. Conduct building inspections and patrols daily as per schedule, Report all security breaches to supervisor and record in the occurrence book, Conduct escort duties and perform evacuations and emergency drills during emergencies, Key control by opening and locking of offices in line with organisational policies, Apprehend individuals committing crimes at the GPW premises at the officer’s discretion while awaiting the arrival of the So outh African Police Services (SAPS)
HOW TO APPLY
|ADDRESS|| Human Resources|
Government Printing Works
149 Bosman Street
Pretoria or Private Bag X85
|ENQUIRIES||Mr. DD Mokoena Tel No: (012) 764 4000|
Applications must be submitted on form Z83(DOWNLOAD Z83 GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT FORM)and must be completed in full and page 2 duly signed; Clear indication of the post and reference number that is being applied for must be indicated on your Z.83, A detailed covering letter, recent comprehensive CV(DOWNLOAD CV TEMPLATES) specifying all qualifications and experience with respective dates Certified copies of qualifications, ID and a valid driver’s license (where required), must be attached It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of foreign qualifications to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) .