Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Housekeeper at Olifants Rest Camp in the Nxanatseni Region of Kruger National Park. The position will report to the Hospitality Services Manager. Salary of R172 115 – R265 209.
- National Diploma in Tourism Management or equivalent.
- Three years relevant housekeeping or tourism management experience.
- Knowledge of health and hygiene is essential
- Good written and verbal communication, conflict resolution, and liaison skills.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package.
- Valid driverâs license will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of the entire Camp.
- Responsible for the management of lost and found items of guests.
- To conduct daily walk-throughs and quality checks to drive cleanliness, productivity and efficiency.
- To ensure the sound and effective administration of the housekeeping function.
- To ensure effective management of the human capital.
- To ensure compliance with the housekeeping standards, systems, policies and procedures.
- To ensure effective control of the housekeeping operational stock and other assets.
- To effectively compile and manage the housekeeping budget.
- To ensure effective implementation of cost control measures.
- To ensure the implementation of the health and safety measures, for the employees and guests.
- To ensure a high level of customer service.
- To ensure proper coordination; liaison with relevant departments.
- To ensure effective management of the maintenance function of the housekeeping facilities.
How to apply
Persons who meet the above requirements can forward their applications together with a Cover letter, CV and certified copies of their ID and relevant qualifications to the following address:
Human Capital Management Division
Kruger National Park
Att: Mr Frank Mkhabela
Private Bag X 402
Tel: (013) .735 4344
If you have not been responded to within 14 days of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
SANParks is committed to the principles of employment equity. Preference will be given to Previously Disadvantaged Individuals (PDI).
Thanks for visiting Government Vacancies please call again.