The main purpose of the role
Take accountability of a section in the warehouse to ensure that stock accuracy, storage category and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Sorting Counts (creation, tracking execution and admin).
- Take accountability to ensure that proper levels of stock are maintained, merchandise is appropriately situated in correct locations and locations are adequately utilized.
- Ensure that shelve space is optimized.
- Ensure that products / SKUs are consolidated where possible per location to enable product-specific shelve decisions.
- Ensure that put-away is being done to correct storage solution types per category.
- Picking optimization to be considered in all stock placement decisions.
- Perform audits (put-away and picking) regularly, escalate and resolve issues that may arise as a result of these audits.
- Ensure that damages in the area are timeously removed and transferred physically and systematically to the damages area.
- Reduce damages through innovative solutions per product type.
- Identify items without tags / tickets and ensure that these items are re-ticketed.
- Ensure that exceptional housekeeping standards are maintained in the area of responsibility.
- General administrative duties and ensure that deadlines are met.
Skills and Competencies
- Computer literacy
- MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Action orientation
- Work Ethic
- Communication; written & verbal
- Planning & organising
- Results orientation
- Grade 12/ matric certificate
- 1-2 years’ merchandising / warehousing experience within a distribution center environment
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.