This leading South African publisher and distributor has a job opening in the Warehouse Department for a DC Assistant to be based in Johannesburg. The successful candidate will report to the relevant Team Leader.
- Matric Certificate
- 1-2 years’ experience in warehousing stores environment
- The applicant must be able to work night shift when required to
- A forklift driving license is an advantage
- Must be able to work night shift if needed
- Must be able to work overtime is needed
Skills and competencies
- Attention to detail
- Can work quickly and carefully
- Able to work under pressure
- Team player
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy packages repeatedly
- Receive, pick and or dispatch items for orders and check contents against order documentation;
- Compare reference numbers and report errors in logbook and provide feedback to supervisor;
- Prepare packages for shrink wrapping where required and ensure breakable items are correctly packaged;
- Use the correct size of packaging material based on the size and contents of the package;
- Place label correctly on outside of packaging;
- Identify and report any incorrect picking mistakes and or packaging of parcels;
- Clean and conduct basic maintenance of machinery used in packing, replenishing packing materials as required and alerting supervisor to any problems with machinery;
- Comply with health and safety requirements;
- Maintain clean workstation;
- Assist colleagues with workload when required; and
- Participate in stock-takes
- Picking and packing of orders
- Forklift driving when applicable.
- Achieve daily, weekly monthly targets as set out on KPa’s
This is a permanent position with a competitive and market related remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable
candidates from the designated groups.
Anyone who is interested in applying for this position and who meets the requirements of the post may direct an application in the form of a comprehensive CV and covering letter on our online application system.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 16 May 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
If you have not received feedback by 31 May 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.